Friday, February 24, 2017

Tips on Purchasing a Motoring Fleet

Tips on Purchasing a Motoring Fleet
Zimbabwe's Herald gives tips to companies in buying their fleet of vehicles. Among the many tips listed, they suggest electric vehicles could be suitable for fleet vehicles and they mention the Nissan Leaf, which from what I can gather is available in Zimbabwe and presumably the most popular, and quite possibly only, electric car on the roads there. Unfortunately the web site won't allow me to copy and paste type, and I don't feel like retyping it word for word, so you'll have to click on the link to read it.

This got me thinking about the savings electric vehicles could bring to companies. For a company that needs vehicles to cover less than 100km in a day a Vehicle like a Nissan Leaf would be ideal. It could run around during the day and then charge at night back at base.

Hopefully before long a manufacturer will bring out a small electric delivery van. If there was an electric van with a range of 200km than I'm sure it would be enough for a days deliveries around cities and towns. I'm not sure how far courier drivers travel on their route in a day. Several different courier companies deliver to my work so maybe I'll ask the drivers the sort of distance they cover each day and I'll post an update here in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment