Sunday, February 26, 2017

My First Sighting of a Nissan Leaf in Durban

On my way home from work yesterday afternoon just as I was joining the freeway coming out of Hillcrest I spotted a Burgundy coloured Nissan Leaf stopped on the slip road with it's hazard lights on. My first reaction was that it had run out of juice and I was on the verge of stopping until I noticed it starting to move in my rear view mirror. I slowed down hoping it would catch me up so I could get a better look at it and maybe snap a pic but as I got to the top of Fields Hill he was still far behind me and then he turned off into Kloof as I carried on down the hill.
This is the first fully electric car I've seen on Durban's roads and only the second plug-in after spotting an i8 a month or two back. The Leaf looked brand new and judging by the cautious manner it was being driven I'd guess it was being taken for a test drive. Hopefully if that was the case the test drive concluded with a purchase. Really makes me wish I was in the market for a new car too. Despite the fact that a new Leaf, or any car for that matter, is beyond my means right now I've decided to undertake a little exercise next month. I'm going to keep track of my mileage each day and see if the 135km range of the 24kwh Leaf would be sufficient for my motoring needs. I'll keep you updated of how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment